Monday, April 19, 2010

Shout Out to My Aunts

If it weren't for my Aunt Mary and Aunt Lorene (Mom's sisters), and Aunt Ruth (Dad's sister), I don't know what I'd do. They have taken my parents to appointments, to pick up prescriptions, and to get groceries. They've brought food and had them over for dinner. They've taken Mom to the movies and have spent hours in the hospital with them. I haven't had to do grocery shopping for my parents the last two weekends because my aunts beat me to it! These women have been a huge blessing to me these past weeks. They make me feel like I'm not alone.

An update on my mom: We took her to the Salem neurologist, Dr. Wynn, last Monday. We told her we had seen improvements since he'd done her spinal tap in the hospital. He was skeptical until he asked her a few questions and had her walk for him. He said the changes were obvious and thought it was worth putting in the shunt; however, he'd like us to get a second opinion. He suggested OHSU. We told him we had an appointment there on May 27, but we thought it was too far away. He agreed and said he'd contact the neurologist she's scheduled with to see if we can get her in sooner. He was very positive about her neurologist up there, Dr. Quinn. He said we can't ask for better. He knows him from medical school.

No comments:

Post a Comment